April 1st, 2010.

At 6am, no one really functions, we all just pretend to. I make it to the airport, strip my wares- Graflex, FE2, Kiev and MacBook Pro- so that they can swab and poke and pry at their obsolete qualities.

They're all blown away, "Film! It's all digital now, where do you look? What does this do?"

One of the security men speaks nonsense of Hasselblads (something my camera knows nothing of except for being a brutal knock-off) while a lady assumes my Kiev is a flashlight, failing to swab it.

I pass through the x-ray bars and am awkwardly selected for a random pat down. It's my second of the day now and I welcome it as she pretends to massage any security risk out of me.

"Are you pregnant?"

"God no!"

Then back to the cameras, showing her how to look through it, how things worked before lcd billboards and one click capture.