April 8th, 2010.

Signs:
Portals of Glory: Ministries
Curb Ramps Now Available.
Church and home renos and cars and trucks and dry grasses. Mustangs everywhere, sparkling cars and heafty (at least useful) trucks.

“Friends don’t let friends drive Mustangs.”
(laughter)
“I sometimes forget how much money is here…”
“Tons.”

Condos, eating out, fancy schmancy clothing and things that are easy to take for granted when everyone has them. Driving feels like floating now, coasting over dreamville, a granular material construction, where everyone has a hand dipped in.
Life’s good, work is rewarding, the prairies serving it up.
Space and a place for everyone to be alone. Something I envy these days.

(To the airport)

It’s dreary, muggy and dry. My lips are crackling, the horizon is smogged and the plane is readying. My forays in E-Town are complete, heart and soul and all, and I sit waiting for my late flight, my skin organ craving the wetness of the West Coast. They want 9.95$ for 24hours of internet. Forget that. I’ll write it down and upload it later.