May 16th, 2010.
He smooth slides into the seat across the alley from me. He's facing the other way, the Skytrain's got us supervising each other.
Rad outfit I think, seeing tight gray jeans and a sleek top.
I look over.
He's actually wearing gray long john pants and a purple long john top. His hear is cut down to his scalp and he's twittering enough to guarantee dirty chemical drug use.
I'm interested.
I stare at him through the window. He turns over, we lock eyes in the glass...
Time passes, neither of us look away.
I swivel my head around with a grin.
"You ever been to blaksdjfa at Carrall and something?"
"Nope."
"It's really great. This guy Chris djs and he puts on this really awesome psychedelic light show. It's really good. Tonight, Friday, not a Thursday or Saturday, but on Friday, I know you probably have plans tonight but next Friday maybe. It's a great crowd, chill, underground but not underground."
He zips back into position. Legs crossed, skin tight long johns sweltering, face shaking.